Given the debate to be held this evening, I would like to express a short but timely consideration of the candidate I will be opposing this year in the elections. He possesses the following inexcusable qualities:
- He is very old, and has made numerous public statements that force me to question his mental competence.
- His track record in office is one indicative of deep racism and disrespect for civil liberties.
- His political career has included numerous actions that increased and extended our nation’s shameful overseas wars.
- His running mate has a similar track record.
- He has numerous accusations of sexual assault on record against him.
- Even when he makes statements of policy that I might generally agree with, his use of weaselly language and history of saying one thing while doing another make me deeply suspicious of his sincerity.
I suspect, at this point, that you at least think you know who I will be voting against. If the number of people in that guess is less than two, however, you haven’t been paying attention…